1. Making professional services known/ ethical marketing?
Refer to page 9.
2. How do I apply for a practice number?
3. Where can I learn more about ICD 10 codes?
4. Where can I learn more about what treatment codes to use?
5. What information should be on my letterhead / business card?
- Registered category
- Speciality or subspeciality or field of professional practice
- Registered qualification or other academic qualifications or honorary degrees in abbreviated form
- Registration number
- Addresses and email addresses
- Telephone and fax numbers
- Practice or consultation hours
- Practice code number
6. May I put a board outside my practice and specifications?
A practitioner shall be allowed to advertise his or her services or permit,
sanction or acquiesce to such advertisement: Provided that the advertisement is not unprofessional, untruthful, deceptive or misleading or causes consumers unwarranted anxiety that they may be suffering from any health condition.
7. Am I allowed to work in a hospital where other practice is already working?
Making contact with the other therapists working in the field you are intending to enter as well as making contact with the therapists in the area you are going to work will prevent unnecessary mistakes and hostility especially from those in the same area. This important step is one of the Ethical Rules of the HPCSA.